Tuesday 6 September 2016

Challenge #108 - Through the Purple Haze

Hello again!

Well it's an honour to have the opportunity to work with Lisbeth and team Bubbles over at Through the Purple Haze. This is my very first DT project for the team and I enjoyed using one of Lacy Sunshine's digi stamps by Heather Valentin from her Kidz Street series - Brooklyn.
 
It's a colouring page but I shrunk it to fit a square card base and coloured it using my Polychromos pencils.
 Once coloured and burnished, I used clear Wink of Stella on the grafitti and on Brookln's lips and jewellery.
Here's a close up - as you can see I made sure she was grounded to the background by adding shadow to the floor and the wall behind her.

I used a 6x6" card base in pale orange as well as a 6x6" piece of orange paper from the BoBunny Carnival paper pack. This was cut to size to mat behind the coloured image. The leftover piece was used later on.

I have recently purchased some Brusho crystals and was excited to use them for the first time. I decided to try getting some splots and splashes reminiscent of an aerosol can/graffiti look on a piece of cardstock left over from cutting the image out. Next time I shall use watercolour paper as think it will give a better result, but I was really thrilled to sprinkle some of the crystals onto the paper and then spray with water and watch them burst into life. I cut this piece to size once dry and then cut the leftover piece of orange paper slightly larger as a mat. I then assembled the card with matting and layering each piece. I edged both the mats and the image and brusho card with Stazon black soot. To finish the card off, I used washi tape top and bottom of the brusho piece of card, a denim tag I found in my stash, and added a Tim Holtz rub-on I'd rubbed onto a spare piece of card and trimmed, edged with orange ink and stapled to the tag. This was attached at the top under the washi by a small staple.

I hope you enjoy seeing my latest project - and don't forget to pop over to Through the Purple Haze for Challenge #108 - theme: Rock It/Show Some Attitude.

I am entering this project into the following challenges:

Ikesworld Challenges - #71 Square card with Circle


Thanks for stopping by.

Michelle xxx

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and colour comboThank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike'sWorld challenge
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww! So completely adorable. Be sure to use Ike's Freebie and come over to IWC again. Best of luck! Samara DT IWC

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty card Michelle. Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES. Please could you add on your post you are playing here and put the link ? Thanks.

    Best wishes

    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh so sorry I normally ensure I have links, but not been on my laptop for a time to update, so sorry about that! Shall rectify in the morning xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and showing some love.